
If you know anything about me, you know I am passionate about hating certain things. What tops that hate-filled list? Hillbillies. Ha. Obviously I really just hate their ignorance. Hillbillies aren't necessarily white and poor, they can be rich and asian (is that the exact opposite of white and poor? or would the exact opposite be Gucci Mane?). I often find that people who are "upper class" indeed have no class at all. They are just plain ol' hillbillies. Patrick Kane is not an exception.
I once read that what makes us human is our ability to justify anything we do, no matter how hillbilly it is. I don't think that is the only thing that makes us different than other animals (see "creepiness") but I can see how this is the case in Patrick Kane's scenario. The past few days people have been going around saying, "Well he's only 20, let the kid make some mistakes." If a 20 year old pulled down his pants in the corner of a room at a family party and took a piss, people would not make excuses for him. He would just be labeled a "hillbilly." Or "one of us" if you are in the Southern states. To me, this hypothetical situation is comparable to Patrick Kane beating a 62 year-old fellow hillbilly. When I was 20, I had enough sense to not go around beating 62 year-olds over a couple of dimes. We ask 18 year-olds to fight in the military, to aim guns at brown people and shoot if necessary. Most have enough sense to shoot at things that may cause harm. I very much doubt they would lose sleep over four nickels.
No doubt Patrick Kane is a hillbilly. Everyone knows that but hell, the kid can play. Like everyone else I don't think the problem lies with him. Unlike everyone else I think the problem lies within us. When hillbillies attack, we sit around and act just as hillbilly as them by saying, "Well he's only 20." By justifying stupidity and ignorance, we in turn become the hillbillies. And no doubt, most of you reading this surely fall under this category. Patrick Kane's hillbilly rage got the best of him over 20 cents. All he really needed was 2.
No comments:
Post a Comment